GamesBoard User Guide:
GamesBoard is an application for PC that lets you access to all your games on your computer, whether they come from downloading platforms or are manually installed.
At it’s first start, the application scans a certain number of directories where it can find games and creates for each detected game a presentation picture. Once the scan is done, the application displays the main screen. During the next starts, the application searches in the detected directories for new games, thus allows not to manually add a new game if it comes from a detected downloading platform or editor. This scan can be disabled in the options if necessary.
Once the application is started, the main screen is displayed. You can access to your games, displayed as boxes laying on boards in a room.
Several menus and options let you to navigate in your collection, start a game, or configure the application:
- On the upper left corner, the collection name appears.
- On the upper side, a module allows you to sort games according to predefined criteria as the name, the name of the serial, or the favorites. The search module lets you sort games according to information indicated on the input field.
- On the upper right corner, the options and quit buttons let you configure the application or quit it
- On the lower side, the application displays the current game name, with buttons to navigate inside a collection or between collections.
Select a game by howering the mouse on it, by using the arrow keys, or by using one of the gamepad left sticks. The selected game will be highlighted.
Navigate from one board to another with the mouse wheel, by clicking on the dedicated buttons on the lower side, with the keyboard 3 and 4 keys, or with the gamepad LT and RT triggers.
Navigate from one collection to another by clicking on the dedicated buttons on the lower side, with the 1 and 2 keyboard keys, or with the gamepad LB and RB buttons.
Start a game by clicking on it with the mouse left button, by typing the keyboard Enter key, or with the gamepad A button.
The application enters in a sleep mode.
A search module lets you sort games according to the information typed in the input field. If you use a gamepad, the input field selection makes a virtual keyboard appearing.
Once the search is done, you can reset the collection to it’s preceding state or search games according to another information.
You can access to a game file or update it by clicking on a game box with the mouse right button, by typing the keyboard Space key, or with the gamepad Y button, if the game is highlighted. The file can contain the following information:
- Name: the game name displayed in the application
- Group: the game serial name
- Position: the position of the game in the serial
- File: the game executable file path
- Cover: the picture used for the box cover
- Favorite: indicates if the game is one of your favorites
Un espace Informations permet d’inscrire des tout type d’information sur le jeu.
Select the collections menu by clicking on the current collection name, by typing the keyboard S key, or with the gamepad X button.
You will be able to navigate directly to the music, movies, or any collection you have created.
Select the options menu by clicking on it with the options button, by typing the keyboard Tab key, or with the gamepad Back button.
You will be able to configure the appearance and the functioning of the application.
The accounts let several users to share the application by separating the collections of each one. An account can also have different types of capabilities in the application.
- Name: the displayed account name
- Username: login information
- Password: password information
- Role: Account capabilities (Administrator, User, Guest)
- Scan at start: search for new content in the collection folders
- Initial collection: collection displayed at the application start
- Full screen: displays the application in full sreen or windowed mode
- Text sizes: the size of the diplayed texts (xs, s, m, l, et xl)
- Theme : Application theme
- Variation : Theme room
The collections menu lets you create and handle collections in the application.
For each collection, you can define:
- The collection name
- The content type (Game, Application, Music, Movie, Image, Document, File)
- The reader application
- The reader application options (in command lines)
- Folders where content can be found
- Detected content list
- Masked content list
- Models used for boards and boxes
The themes menu lets you create and handle graphical themes for the application.
For each theme, you can define it’s properties:
- The name
- The logo image
- Text colors
- Rooms, boards and boxes models
The about menu contains application general information:
Le menu A propos contient des informations générales sur l’application:
- The version number
- Website address
- Contact mail address
- The application data path
Select the quit menu by clicking on the Quit button, the keyboard Escape key or the gamepad Start button. Several options allows you to quit the application, shutdown, restart or pause the computer.